Saturday, February 23, 2013

Best Ever French Toast

Mmmm...don't you just love French Toast? Super easy to make, smells delicious, and fills you up for hours.
I have a tried and true family recipe guaranteed to make the best ever French Toast. I had to make my breakfast this morning dairy-free, but usually you would use regular milk and butter instead of the rice milk and vegan margarine. You can also make this a vegan dish if you substitute egg replacement product for the eggs, although I have no idea how that tastes.

The recipe is as follows:

2-3 eggs (figure 2 pieces per egg for normal bread)
Splash milk (I used rice milk for a non-dairy version)
Tsp vanilla
Sprinkle of cinnamon
Tbsp butter (I used vegan margarine)






Beat all ingredients together in a pie pan to allow for easy dipping of the bread slices. Thoroughly soak bread on both sides. Heat the butter in a skillet, put bread in pan, and cook until the batter is fully cooked on the bread.

It can be served with syrup, powdered sugar, whipped cream and berries, or pretty much anything you desire. I find the cinnamon gives it an extra bit of zing.

No comments:

Post a Comment